CT2 Data Collection
The NACLIM observational database is currently accessible by default only to the project partners, but it may also be used by external researchers not directly working for the project, but interested in its results and data. To request access, you can either send an email to the Project Office (naclim @ zmaw.de) or you can contact the scientists in charge of the relevant sections listed below (click on the links and find the contact person).
Pre-NACLIM observational data
The NACLIM Core Theme 2 "Monitoring of North Atlantic parameters" focuses on the operation and optimization of a targeted system of observations that will allow monitoring key properties at certain key sections/location. The NACLIM project has inherited the observational data collected thanks to the the EU FP7 THOR project (www.eu-thor.eu) and other national based project during the period 2008-2012.
The NACLIM pre-series are made up of the final THOR observational data.
The so called “final THOR data = pre-NACLIM observational data” provide a summary of the inventory of data from former projects with references to the data available and to contact persons in the NACLIM group.
At this stage, the data previously collected have been simply transferred to the NACLIM project.
After the first period of research cruises within the NACLIM project (in 2013-2014) an update of the data sets will be available as “NACLIM observational data”.
Available data sets
The data sets are available here below and as well as locations on the
- Faroe Bank Channel Overflow transport Updated 22 March 2016
- Hornbanki section Atlantic inflow volume and heat fluxes Updated 31 October 2014
- Labrador Sea western boundary current transport at 53° N Updated 17 October 2014
- RAPID — transport of MOC components at 26.5° N Updated July 2016
- Wyville Thomson Ridge Overflow transport Updated 14 March 2014
- Wyville Thomson Ridge Overflow transport in the Rockall Trough New! 03 May 2016
- Faroe Shetland Channel volume fluxes of Atlantic Water Updated 14 January 2015
- Denmark Strait overflow transport Updated 07 February 2017
- Iceland-Faroes Atlantic inflow Updated 22 March 2016
- Kogur Array freshwater flux New! 11 April 2014
- Hornbanki section hydrography
- Irminger Sea hydrography
- Nordic Seas hydrography
- Denmark Strait hydrography
- Central Labrador Sea temperature time series
- Properties of the Atlantic Water Core in the Faroe Current Updated 22 March 2016
- Section: Canada - Greenland -Scotland, June- July 2014 New! 31 October 2014
- Glider Sections: Eastern Boundary Current Updated 12 October 2015
- Extended Ellet Line timeseries New! 31 October 2014